Arthritis Care in Homoeopathy
Arthritis patients can get significant relief with homeopathic medicines without any side effects. Homeopathic medicines improve repair mechanism in our body, preventing further degeneration of joints .
Arthritis is the Inflammation of one or more joint. There are over 100 different forms of arthritis the most common form of arthritis is: osteoarthritis (degenerative joint disease), is a result of trauma to the joint, infection of the joint, or age. Other arthritis forms are rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, and related autoimmune diseases. Septic arthritis is caused by joint infection.
The major complaint by individuals who have arthritis is joint pain. Pain is often a constant and may be localized to the joint affected. The pain from arthritis is due to inflammation that occurs around the joint, damage to the joint from disease, daily wear and tear of joint, muscle strains caused by forceful movements against stiff painful joints and fatigue.
There are several diseases where joint pain is primary, and is considered the main feature. Generally when a person has “arthritis” it means that they have one of these diseases, which are:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Gout ,Pseudo gout
- Ankylosing Arthritis
- Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis
- Stills disease.
Joint pain can also be a symptom of other diseases. In this case, the arthritis is considered to be secondary to the main disease; these include:
- Psoriasis(Psoriatic arthritis
- Reactive arthritis
- Lyme disease
- Sjogren’s disease
- Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis
- Inflammatory bowel disease(including Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis)
An undifferentiated arthritis is an arthritis that does not fit into well-known clinical disease categories, possibly being an early stage of a definite rheumatic disease
Signs And Symptoms:
- Pain locally at the affected part
- Disability leading to reduction of daily activities.
- Muscles weakness
|Comparison of some major forms of arthritis
|Speed of onset
|Hours for an attack
|Weight-bearing joints (such as knees, hips, vertebral column) and hands
|Hands (proximal interphalangeal and metacarpophalangeal joint) wrists, ankles, knees and hips
|Great toe, ankles, knees
|May occur, though often mild compared to inflammation in rheumatoid arthritis
|· Narrowed joint space· Osteophytes· Osteochlerosis· Subchondral cysts
|· Narrowed joint space· Bone erosions
|· “Punched out” bone erosions
Depending on the history, age, joint affection, and severity of symptoms diagnosis is done.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: usually pain is more in the morning with affection of small joints and symmetrical joints affected in the body.
- Osteoarthritis: pain worse after exertion. Here aged person are usually affected with weight bearing joints of body.
- Septic arthritis: here joint pain are associated with fever and chills, malaise.
Test: blood test, X ray, antinuclear factor in case of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Visiting the doctor when u come to know the problem not getting resolved with primary treatment of medicines.
- Physiotherapy: with respect to joint affection and type of Arthritis, various exercises are given to relieve the pain, increase the strength of the joint.
- Medium exercise is necessary to avoid the stiffness of the affected joint.
- Avoiding heavy exertion
- Supplements like Calcium, Vit D in conjunction should be taken.
- Morning exposure to sunlight atleast for ½ hour is necessary for calcium and Vit D absorption.
- Person who are fat, flabby, tendency to obesity, over weight in nature.
- Disturbances in absorption of calcium in the body inspite of taking supplements.
- Person who are lethargic and doesn’t see to physical work out more leading to obesity.
- Easy tendency to fractures on trivial injuries.
- Part easily swollen, fractured and wounds take time to heal as less mobility.
- Person susceptible to thyroid, and Vit D deficiency.
- Arthritis after overexertion of joints due to over work, here tendons are affected.
- Pain usually increases in the cold and rainy season
- Pain as if the knee or legs is tightly tied and cannot be moved suddenly.
- Initial motion is very difficult but as when continued walking pain decreases.
- Restless cannot sit at one place.
- Pain in the climate when the days are hot and the nights are cold.
- Swelling, oedema of legs in arthritis.
- Pain is unbearable, cannot allow the part to be touched.
- Slightest motion on the legs increases the pain severely. Cannot even wear knee cap or crap bandage around it.
- Doesn’t allow to touch part but feels much better by hard pressure, balm moov especially warm fomentation.
- Arthritis pain increases as there are growth in the bones that leads to pain.
- Legs very weak feels that they would break.
- Legs swollen, tips of fingers swollen, feels legs have no sensation.
- Too much of crackling in the joints.
- Sudden joint pain especially after taking vaccines from doctors.