What are abscess and boils?
An abscess is a pocket of pus collection caused due to suppuration (i.e. formation or discharge of pus) after bacterial infection or injury. It can occur in any part of the body – outer surface, inner deeper organs or tissues. Even a boil, pustule or pimple can be called as a small abscess. It starts as a tender swelling with throbbing pain. However, if allowed to develop further, it becomes a hard painful swelling which results in draining of pus either inside or outside.
- Throbbing pain and sensitivity to touch
- Redness and hot swelling
- Fever with chills and body ache
- Discharge of pus and blood when the abscess breaks
- Enlargement of regional lymph nodes
Generally, all abscesses feel warm due to increase in blood circulation; however, tubercular abscesses usually remain cold (hence, they are referred to as ‘cold abscesses’). They too need immediate critical care.
Lancing (cutting of the abscess) can be avoided with timely Homoeopathic treatment to – Reduce the size of inflammation,reduce the pain, promote suppuration and drainage. Homoeopathy can effectively increase the immune system which helps to overcome the recurrent abscess and boils. Common medicines indiacted in case of abscess which are of recent duration are Hepar sulph,calc sulph ,silicea .They should only be taken after consulting your homoeopath
What are acnes?
Acne or pimples ,frequently seen in young & teenage. This occurs mainly due to the action of hormones on the oil glands in the skin. The draining ducts of the oil glands get blocked and not able to drain the oil secretion. The oil and cells of blocked gland help to grow organisms. Thus, it results in the formation of pimples or acne. Symptoms: Whiteheads and blackheads (Comedones): the enlarged and plugged hair follicles.
- Papules: small, pink bumps on the skin and can be painful to the touch.
- Pustules (pimples): Pus-filled lesions that may be red at the base.
- Nodules: Large, painful, solid lesions that are lodged deep within the skin.
- lesions that can cause scarring.
Homoeopathic treatment :
- Acne as explained is caused due to hormonal disturbance and can only be treated by constitutional homoeopathic treatment.
- Homeopathic medicines controls the tendency to have acne (often genetic, in severe cases).
- Treats underlying hormonal disturbance.
- Reduces excessive oiliness of skin.
- Controls infection.
- Controls scar formation.
- Reduces hyper pigmentation following acne.
- Controls tendency of scar formation following acne.
What are adenoids?
Adenoids (or pharyngeal tonsil, or nasopharyngeal tonsil) are a mass of lymphoid tissue situated posterior to the nasal cavity, in the roof of the nasopharynx, where the nose blends into the throat. Normally, in children, they make a soft mound in the roof and posterior wall of the nasopharynx, just above and behind the uvula. Adenoid hypertrophy (or enlarged adenoids) is the unusual growth (“hypertrophy”) of the adenoids. Symptoms: The symptoms caused by enlarged adenoids are mostly due to where this lymphoid tissue is located. The adenoids are in the midline of the nasopharynx, and the Eustachian tubes open from either ear to the right and left of them. Eustachian tubes ventilate the middle ear. Very large adenoids will block air passage in both the nose and the ears. This obstruction of normal air ventilation can lead to both sinusitis and otitis media. In children with excessive middle ear infections and chronic middle ear fluid, there is a high bacterial count in the adenoids as compared to children without problematic otitis media, even if the size of the adenoids is small. The adenoids in these cases provides a reservoir of pathogenic bacteria that cause ear infections and subsequent middle ear effusions (fluid). IT also leads to adenoid facies where the child has to breathe through mouth, drooling of saliva, protruding eyes. The nasopharynx lies right above the throat. Splashes of excessive “drip” from infected adenoids may land directly on the vocal cords. Although the larynx and vocal cords do not ordinarily become infected from adenoiditis, their mucosa does become irritated. The vocal cords are extremely sensitive to touch, and any fluid drops falling on them cause an irresistible urge to cough. Adenoiditis therefore is one of the causes of cough.
In allopathy the only treatment is surgical removal of the adenoids is a procedure called adenoidectomy. With homoeopathy not only we can control and decrease the growth of adenoids, the underlying tendency for allergy can be cured after carefully choosen homoeopathic remedy.
What is Allergic Rhinitis?
Rhinitis is defined as inflammation of the nasal membranes. Allergic rhinitis is a collection of symptoms, mostly in the nose and eyes, which occur when you breathe in something you, are allergic to, such as dust, dander, or pollen. Causes: An allergen is something that triggers an allergy. When a person with allergic rhinitis breathes in an allergen such as pollen or dust, the body releases chemicals, including histamine. This causes allergy symptoms such as itching, swelling, and mucus production. A similar reaction occurs with allergy to mold, animal dander, dust, and similar inhaled allergens. Hot, dry, windy days are more likely to have increased amounts of pollen in the air than cool, damp, rainy days when most pollen is washed to the ground. Allergies are common. Your genes and environment may make you more prone to allergies. Whether or not you are likely to develop allergies is often passed down through families. If both your parents have allergies, you are likely to have allergies. The chance is greater if your mother has allergies. The tendency to develop allergic, or IgE-mediated, reactions to extrinsic allergens (proteins capable of causing an allergic reaction) has a genetic component. In susceptible individuals, exposure to certain foreign proteins leads to allergic sensitization, which is characterized by the production of specific IgE directed against these proteins. This specific IgE coats the surface of mast cells, which are present in the nasal mucosa. When the specific protein (eg, a specific pollen grain) is inhaled into the nose, it can bind to the IgE on the mast cells, leading to immediate and delayed release of a number of mediators. Symptoms:
- Itchy nose, mouth, eyes, throat, skin, or any area
- Problems with smell
- Runny nose
- Tearing eyes
Symptoms that may develop later include:
- Stuffy nose (nasal congestion)
- Clogged ears and decreased sense of smell
- Sore throat
- Dark circles under the eyes
- Puffiness under the eyes
- Fatigue and irritability
- Memory problems and slowed comprehention.
Treatment: Allergy occurs due to hypersentivity. Unless and until sensitivity of person is not reduced allergy cannot be cured . Only a correct similimum can cure the patient of hypersentivity after taking the history of patient in details .
- Running of the nose
- Skin rash, etc.
Homoeopathic treatment: Comparatively homoeopathy is best amongst system. Benefits of homoeopathy are known to all those who have taken medicines for their allergies and have got cured permanently. Respiratory allergy, asthma, skin allergy, pollen allergy, frequent colds, childhood asthma, etc. just to name a few, are treated with tremendous success with well planned homoeopathic treatment.
- A medical history, which collects information about current mental or physical conditions, prescription and nonprescription drug use, and family health history
- A mental status evaluation to assess sense of time and place; ability to remember, understand, and communicate; and ability to do simple math problems
- A physical examination, which includes the evaluation of the person’s nutritional status, blood pressure, sensations, balance, and other functions of nervous system
- Investigations like a brain scan like CT and MRI to detect other causes of dementia such as stroke and laboratory tests, such as blood and urine tests, for checking various components of blood, hormones, enzymes, infections, etc.
- Anal/ peri-anal abscess
- You pass a large stool that stretches the anal canal.
- You are constipated and try to pass a hard stool.
- You have repeated diarrhea.
- Childbirth can also cause trauma to the anal canal. During childbirth, some women develop anal fissures. Fissures can also be caused by digital insertion (as during an examination), foreign body insertion, or anal intercourse
- Painful defecation, burning while passing stools
- An anal fissure causes a sharp, stinging, or burning pain during a bowel movement. The pain, which can be severe, may last for a few hours.
- Fissures may itch. They often bleed lightly or cause a yellowish discharge. You may see a small spot of bright red blood on toilet tissue or a few drops in the toilet bowl. The blood is separate from the stool. Very dark, tarry stools or dark red blood mixed with stool indicates some other condition, possibly inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) or colon cancer. You should contact a doctor if you have any bleeding with bowel movements.
- Sometimes an anal fissure may be a painless wound that won’t heal and that bleeds intermittently but causes no other symptom
What is Ankylosing Spondylitis?
Rheumatoid spondylitis; Spondylitis; Spondylarthropathy. It is a long-term disease that causes inflammation of the joints between the spinal bones, and the joints between the spine and pelvis. It eventually causes the affected spinal bones to join together.
The cause of ankylosing spondylitis is unknown, but genes seem to play a role. The disease most often begins between ages 20 and 40, but may begin before age 10. It affects more males than females. Risk factors include:
- Family history of ankylosing spondylitis
- Male gender
- The disease starts with low back pain that comes and goes.
- Pain and stiffness are worse at night, in the morning, or when you are not active. It may wake you from your sleep.
- The pain typically gets better with activity or exercise.
- Back pain may begin in the sacroiliac joints (between the pelvis and the spine). Over time, it may involve all or part of the spine.
- You may lose motion or mobility in the lower spine. You may not be able to fully expand your chest because the joints between the ribs are involved.
- Fatigue .
- Eye inflammation or uveitis
- Heel pain
- Hip pain and stiffness
- Joint pain and joint swelling in the shoulders, knees, and ankles
- Loss of appetite
- Slight fever
- Weight loss
- In most cases, hair falls out in small, round patches about the size of a small coin.
- There may be single or multiple such patches.
- In some cases patches remain static.
- In some cases the patches may spread to involve larger areas of the scalp.
- In some cases, hair loss is more extensive. Although it is not very common,
- The disease can progress to cause total loss of hair on the head (Alopecia totalis)
- In few there can be even complete loss of hair on the head, face, and rest of the body (Alopecia universalis).