Migraine Care in Homeopathy
is a chronic neurological disease characterized by recurrent moderate to severe headaches often in association with a number of autonomic nervous systems symptoms.
Typically the headache affects one half of the head, is pulsating in nature, and lasts from 2 to 72 hours.
The exact mechanisms of migraine are not known. It is, however, believed to be a neurovascular disorder. The primary theory is related to increased excitability of the cerebral cortex and abnormal control of pain neurons in the trigeminal nucleus of the brainstem
Migraine treatment in Homoeopathy
Signs And Symptoms:
There are four possible phases to a migraine, although not all the phases are necessarily experienced:
- The prodrome, which occurs hours or days before the headache
- The aura, which immediately precedes the headache
- The pain phase, also known as headache phase
- The postdrome, the effects experienced following the end of a migraine attack.
- Stress, Hunger, Fatigue all leading to tension are the commonest triggers.
- Psychological stress: Post traumatic stress.
- Around Menses, periods.
- Any particular diet triggering Migraine is very individualistic. Mostly researches have not been able to find out any one component that might be the sole cause. Many people who are having Migraine are themselves not sure that a particular food has triggered it.
- Sun rays are one of the major causes for triggering headache
- Heat of environment, or locally or closed room, cooking conditions and less Aired room are one of the causes.
- Smoke, incensed sticks, cigarettes, pollution
- Crowds, Noise, strong Light.
- Fast moving air, Chilly climate, sudden changes in temperature and climate.
- Five or more attacks—for migraine withaura, two attacks are sufficient for diagnosis.
- Four hours to three days in duration
- Two or more of the following:
- Unilateral (affecting half the head);
- “Moderate or severe pain intensity”;
- “Aggravation by or causing avoidance of routine physical activity”
- One or more of the following:
- Nausea and/or vomiting;
- Sensitivity to both light (photo-phobia) and sound (phono-phobia)
- Common migraine: without aura
- Classical migraine: with aura
- Childhood migraine: Abdominal migraine: in which the child’s stomach aches whenever he or she is in stress eg before examination, sports, competition, stage performances, Hurt and anger.
- Retinal migraine: Visual disturbances present with pain.
- Avoiding triggering until holistic treatment is started.
Aim Of Treatment:
- Intensity, and frequency should gradually come down as the treatment is continued.
- Homoeopathic medicines have been since ages able to cure migraine and its tendency to an enormous level.
Homoeopathic Medicines And Treatment :
Aconite, Apis, Amyl Nitricum, belladona, bryonia, Nat Mur, Gelsemium, Murex, etc on symptom similarity.