Fibroadenoma of the breast are firm, smooth, rubbery, easy to move under the skin, noncancerous, harmless and painless lumps (tumors) that often occur in premenopausal women. They are usually small (less than 1cm) and can get bigger in breast-feeding mothers and during pregnancy. On examination, they typically are painless, have a marble-like feel, firm, mobile and solitary. However, multiple and bilateral fibroadenoma are quite common too.
The cause of fibroadenoma is unknown.They may be dependent upon the estrogen because they are common among premenopausal women and can be found in postmenopausal women taking estrogen and because they grow larger in pregnant women.
Fibroadenoma doesn’t cause any symptoms and can may be discovered during breast self-examination or during a routine check-up.
Some of homoeopathic remedies for fibroademona (benign tumours in breast) are Calc Flour,Pulsatilla, Graphites, Conium, Bromium, Belladona, Phosphurus, Merc if, phytollaca,Silica etc
All these remedies are to be considered according to the basic constitution of the individual/patient :
- A person who is anxious about health, money matters, suffered a long grief pains better by warmth will need Calcarea flour.
- Fat and relaxed muscles, chilly patient who has suppressed her skin eruptions. Sad, weeps without cause, thickened skin, cracks at nipples, discharges are foul may require Graphites.
- Mild, soft by nature., no thirst for water, cries when talking and feels good after crying. Wandering and moving pains, females who generally don’t keep good health since puberty and loves eating fried food and ice-cream Pulsatilla may work.
- Conium for females with sedentary habit, quarrelsome and weak memory. Breast are painful, stony hard and sore before and after menses.
- Phytolacca is indicated for patients where breast are stony hard, full and painful. Nipples are sensitive, pain radiates to the whole body. Tunified breast with a purple hue. Burning, electric like flying pain worse – by movement.
As always said by us a correct constitutional medicine with the leading symptoms and of course regular investigations has to relieve the patient from complaints of fibroadenoma.