Ginger – The smart person’s aspirin
Ginger is an ancient herb that has lost its popularity in the era of medicine and antibiotics. However, the benefits of ginger tell us that we are losing out by forgetting this great herb. Add this herb to your diet or take ginger supplements to enjoy the benefits of ginger.
1. Helps to fight cold, sore throat and congestion. This medical herb is famed for being used to treat common cold, flu and reduce sore throat and congestion issues. It is anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-inflammatory. Drinking ginger tea can be very soothing to sore throat. It helps to boost our immune system and prevents common flu, infections from reoccurring.
2. Helps to overcome motion sickness. Many people tend to have motion sickness while travelling by land, sea or air. Ginger tea or ginger supplements during journey can be a great way to overcome this problem.
3. Good for heart. Ginger, is heart’s best friend. It helps to reduce bad cholesterol and improve good cholesterol. Overall, cardiovascular health improves by adding this simple herb to diet.
4. Good for the stomach. Ginger has been used to treat common gastrointestinal complaints such as flatulence, indigestions and diarrhea. Ginger contains special enzymes responsible for catalyzing the proteins in your food, it provides the best health benefits helping in digestion .
5. Helps to reduce painful cramping during women monthly periods. This simple looking herb is beneficial to decrease pain and cramps during menstrual periods. Drinking a cup of ginger tea or adding ginger to your daily meals, can make a big difference.
6. Helps to reduce muscle pain. Aching muscles can be a great hindrance to our mobility. Supplementing our diet with ginger supplements or adding this herb to meals, can assist in reducing pain in muscles. Drinking ginger tea every day, can be another way to add ginger to your daily regime.
7. Is anti-inflammatory and helps in reducing arthritis symptoms. Arthritis can be painful and cause joint pain. The inflammation of the joints is reduced by regular intake of ginger. Hence, adding ginger to your daily meals can help you to reduce arthritis problems.
8. Good for pregnant women. Many pregnant women tend to face the challenges of nausea and vomiting. Adding a little ginger to your diet can help overcome and reduce the vomiting and nausea.