Health benefits of Green Leafy Vegetables.
Green leafy vegetables are known as “Super Foods”. They are high in Dietary Fibre, Magnesium, Potassium, Calcium Folic Acid and Omega-3 Fatty Acids. Dark leafy green vegetables are one of the best sources of nutrition, and they’re low in calories to boot.
Greens such as spinach, kale, broccoli, and dark-green lettuce, turnip greens, mustard greens contain minerals including iron, calcium, potassium and magnesium as well as vitamins A, K, C, E, and many of the B vitamins.
- Green leafy vegetables boost your immune system due to the presence of antioxidants.
- They help to slow down the aging process and prevent age-related diseases .
- Due to high level of antioxidant, green leafy vegetables has been found useful in fighting against diseases like Cancer, Osteopororsis, Alzhemier’s, Macular Degeneration, etc.
- Dark green leafy vegetables in your daily diet can reduce the risk of Coronary Heart disease.
- Green leafy vegetables promotes bone health due to the presence of high levels of vitamin K.
- Green leafy vegetables are good for the eyesight. They help to protect the eyesight from diseases like cataracts.
- It lowers the risk of getting Type 2 Diabetes.
- Folate in green leafy vegetables also plays an important role in the repair of damaged cells. It is known to reduce the risk of Colon, Lung, Cervix and Breast Cancer.
- By adding more green leafy vegetables to your daily diet, it helps to regulate the digestive system of the body, aids in bowel health and weight loss.