Sunita, a 36 year-old woman, a software executive and working at a stretch for about 7 to 8 hours on computer, one day experienced nausea and vomiting, throbbing headache on one side of the head along with tingling sensation on the right side while she was at work. She suddenly could not move her right hand – – the one with which she writes.
She called her family doctor who saw her right away and asked her to conduct a series of tests. There she was poked, prodded for nearly four hours. No tests, however, were run except for bloodwork and a urinalysis. After those tests came back, the nurses told Sunita to go home.
She and her husband questioned what they planned to do for her. The response was shocking. They said they planned to do nothing because there wasn’t anything wrong with her. They had diagnosed as Migraine and even refused to treat her.
After going home and remaining in bed for two days, Sunita’s Migraine finally subsided and, with it, went her symptoms. By the third day she felt perfectly normal once again.
After multiple attacks of Migraine for nearly 2 years, several rounds to different doctors along with different treatments, Sunita, finally found someone – a Homoeopath who could understand her Migraine attacks and explained to her what it is.
A Migraine is a severe, painful headache that is often preceded or accompanied by sensory warning signs such as flashes of light, blind spots, tingling in the arms and legs, nausea, vomiting, and increased sensitivity to light and sound. The excruciating pain that migraines bring can last for hours or even days.
Migraine as misunderstood by many, is not a acute disease but a disease which lies in dormancy in an individual and comes to surface due to prolonged stress or an illness which decreases the immunity of person.
Role of Homoeopathy in Migraine….
The doctor took a detailed case study i,e- complete history right from origin, duration and progress of disease also the factors which precipitate the problems and any other health related issues. He took a detailed analysis of her nature and behaviour and prescribed a constitutional medicine on this basis.
With continued treatment, she noticed a gradual reduction in the frequency of Migraine attacks as well as the intensity of pain.
The homoeopathy treatment for Migraine entails a detailed study of the individuals constitution whereby the remedy that covers all aspects is prescribed.
There are few medicines which I would like to mention which are frequently indicated in Migraine.
- Natrum Mur :- Indicated especially in patients who are reserved, introvert, don’t like sympathy or consolation, gets sun headache which is hammering in nature.
- Lac Defloratum:- Indicated in patients who are allergic to milk, mild in nature. Loves company, are dependent, emotional and prefers to be in a joint family.
- Pulsatilla :- Females who love open air are mild in nature, no thirst for water, feels hot all the time, tends to weep for slightest cause. Loves consolation.
- Bryonia:-Right sided headache, people who are dry in nature always talk about money and finance. Business worries giving rise to headache and get constipated. Feel better by hard pressure.
- Ignatia :- Indicated in mild but firm individuals who are secretive in nature. Very sensitive but would not share their emotions. Will shed tears when they are alone are very conscientious in nature.
Many more medicines are indicated, the list can be endless.