Beat the Heat…..
Extremely hot and damp weather conditions especially in Mumbai , coupled with the presence of airborne viruses, are making people susceptible to infections.
Generally, people have the tendency to take cold drinks or switch on the air condition immediately after coming from outdoors.These sudden changes in temperature leads to throat infection and bronchitis.
As majority of viral infections are airborne, sneezing and coughing in open, leads to rapid transmission of infections from person to person.
So care must be taken to use disposable tissues instead of an handkerchief, as the infection tends to remain and can further infect.
During season changes, viruses become more active. Apart from viral fever cases, most typical are the cases of upper-respiratory infections which people complain of:
- Bad throat infection
Consuming outside food, if proper hygiene is not maintained, scarcity of water and uncleanliness can lead to:
Exposure to sunrays can lead to:
- Skin rashes
SOME COMMON SOLUTIONS FOR SUMMER:
- Avoid over exposure to sun, wear sunglasses and limit your time outdoors.
- Use sunscreen lotions whenever you go outside.
- Drink plenty of water. Citrus juices, watermelon juice and other fruit juices can be helpful to hydrate your body.
- Take a cool bath at least twice a day.
- Include buttermilk and cucumber more frequently in your food.
- Avoid eating outside food.
Homoeopathic remedies which are of help in the summer ailments are:
- Ars alb :- Indicated in diarrhea due to food poisoning .Patient feels severe weakness and restlessness with thirst for sips of water.
- Belladona :- Indicated in sunstroke. Severe throbbing headache especially in right side with flused face.
- Verat alb:- Indicated in diarrhea leading to dehydration. Patient has cold sweat on forehead with desire for fruits and icy cold water.
- Euphrasia:- Indicated in conjunctivitis with burning of eyes. Acrid disc rage from eyes with running nose .
- Pulsatilla:- Also indicated in conjunctivitis with yellow thick discharge from eyes. Feels better in cold open air and applications.
- Aconite:- Indicated in high fever restless and anxiety.