Taurus (♉) is the second of the Zodiac Signs, which spans the zodiac between the 30th and 59th degree of celestial longitude.
The symbol for Taurus is the Bull
Characteristics of a Bull in the Zodiac sign- Taurus.
- Taurus people are perseverant, strong, patient, cool headed, hardworking and at the same time lethargic.
- It is a female, fixed, earthy sign and the Lord is Venus.
- Being a female sign, the person generally has a good tolerance power, is affectionate, loves company, are homely, will not easily get hurt by others, can be quite amicable, may lead an organization, is perseverant even if she/he is a CEO of a company, will get work done from people in an amicable fashion rather than through domination.
- Being fixed and firm about his/her opinion, they may not contradict but will not change opinions very easily. Therefore, they can be quite obstinate in nature regarding their opinions and will not take hasty decisions.
- Being Earthy relates to hard work and good tolerance power. They are generally particular about finance and money matters- In particular have a strong business sense with a strong personality and physique.
- Being a rashi of Artha trikone, they are ambitious and would like luxuries but are not spendthrifts and are quite calculative about money matters. They will not waste money as they generally know the value of money.
- Lord of Taurus is Venus – they love luxuries and are particular about their dressing sense. Presentation is very important to them. They can be quite brand conscious and will never settle for a low quality. Will love people and can be quite affectionate in nature, don’t like arguments and usually don’t get involved in fights. They love to be appreciated and are socializing. Have a good sense of humour and can be image conscious.
- Taurus rules throat, pharynx, larynx, thyroid, mouth in general. Hence they are prone to upper respiratory infection, tonsillitis, cough, thyroid infections. As it rules over voice they can be good singers too.
- Vocal cord Nodules leading to hoarseness
- Sensitive throat
- Allergic Pharyngitis
Qualities in patients for homoeopathic prescribing.
We have a constitution as mentioned above who are:
- Have anxiety about money matters
- Image conscious
- Good physical strength
- Desire for company
- Aptitude for Business
- Music lovers.
- Loves Sweets and dainties.
- Worried about appearance.
- Even old people look young for their age.
Same qualities can be applied in Rubrics:
Dominant Miasm :-Sycosis
Remedies indicated:-calc phos, Silcea, Pulsatilla, Kali phos, Argentum met, Ferrum phos, calc-iod, Carcinocin, Elaps, Palladium, calc-sulph, Ignatia,cocculus,cyclamen.
To summarize :-
In a chart, whose ascendant is Taurus or Moon is in Taurus and Venus is in either Taurus, Libra or Pisces where Venus is exalted/strong, they will have the above characteristics predominant in his/her personality.