What are Warts?
Plane juvenile warts; Periungual warts; Subungual warts; Plantar warts; Verruca; Verrucae planae juveniles; Filiform warts; Verruca vulgaris
Warts are small, usually painless growths on the skin caused by a virus called human papillomavirus (HPV). Most, but not all, are generally harmless.
Warts can be disfiguring and embarrassing. Sometimes they itch or hurt (particularly on the feet). Some warts spread through sex.
Causes, incidence, and risk factors
All warts can spread from one part of your own body to another. They may spread from one person to another, but this is uncommon.
Treatment is available if you do not like how the wart looks or if it is painful.
The typical wart is a raised round or oval growth on the skin with a rough surface.
- The spot may be lighter, darker, or black (rare) colored compared to other skin.
- Some warts have smooth or flat surfaces.
- Some warts cause pain, others do not.
Different types of warts include:
- Common warts usually appear on the hands, but can appear anywhere. They usually do not cause pain unless they are repeated rubbed against.
- Flat warts are generally found on the face and forehead. They are common in children, less common in teens, and rare in adults.
- Genital warts(condyloma) are usually found on the genitals, in the pubic area, and in the area between the thighs, but they can also appear inside the vagina and anal canal.
- Plantar warts are found on the soles of the feet. They can be very painful. Many of them on the foot may cause difficulty walking or running.
- Subungual and periungual warts appear under and around the fingernails or toenail
Homoeopathy has excellent medicines for warts. Commonly used medicine by most homoeopaths and few patients take on their own is Thuja . But without considering the constitution it is not advisable to take it .
Male age 27 yrs old was referred to me by a skin specialist. Chief complaint was recurrent warts on face, neck .Warts had been cauterised 3 times still they were recurring . As I have mentioned before also mental as well as physical makeup of person is very important for remedy diagnosis in homeoeopathy .
During case taking we found the person to be social, creative, intelligent ,ambitious , is chemical engineer by profession. Cannot tolerate heat with warm palms .
The medicine was sulphur . In first month more warts came on surface .Next month all warts have fallen off .
Case os warts was cured by sulphur
Interpretation :- VrushabhLagnaRahu in first house signifies lot of desires .Planning ,Discontentment
Mangal in 3rd but debllitated signifies wanting to be aggressive, argumemtative but lacks conviction in arguments .
Sun and Venus in 4th house signifies wanting royal comfort at home ,big house/car luxuries .
Mercury in 5th and exalted indicates inquisitiveness, good logical and learning ability interested in technology.
Guru in 7 th indicates dependence in descion on partner and ketu indicates not much interested in relationship .
Moon in 9th in capricon with aspect of Mars indicates a slow but impulsive constitution who desires or has following .