Warts are benign (not cancerous) skin growths that appear when a virus infects the top layer of the skin. Viruses that cause warts are called human papillomavirus (HPV). You are more likely to get one of these viruses if you cut or damage your skin in some way.
Wart viruses are contagious. Warts can spread by contact with the wart or something that touched the wart.
Warts can grow on any part of your body.
Warts are often skin-coloured and feel rough, but they can be dark (brown or gray-black), flat, and smooth.
There are a few different types of warts. The type is determined by where it grows on the body and what it looks like.
What causes warts?
Viruses called human papillomavirus (HPV) cause warts. It is easier to catch a virus that causes warts when you have a cut or scrape on your skin. This explains why so many children get warts. Warts also are more common on parts of the body that people shave such as the beard area in men and the legs in women. You can spread warts from one place on your body to another.
Warts can spread from person to person. You can get warts from touching a wart on someone’s body. Some people get a wart after touching something that another person’s wart touched, such as a towel. It often takes a few months for warts to grow large enough to see.
To prevent warts from spreading, dermatologists recommend the following:
- Do not pick or scratch on warts.
- Wear flip-flops or pool shoes in public showers, locker rooms, and pool areas.
- Do not touch someone’s wart.
- Keep foot warts dry, as moisture tends to allow warts to spread.
Thuja is one of the common homoeopathic medicine people know which is used to treat warts. But Thuja cannot act for all people and for all type of warts.
To come to the right remedy, the physical and mental makeup of the patient, the type of wart, the body part and related symptoms of warts has to be considered.
- Warts on face: Calcarea, Thuja, Causticum, Dulcamara, Lyco, Sepia, Nitric Acid will act
- Warts on finger: Lac can, Rhustox, Lyco,Dulcamara
- Warts on Palms : Baryta Carb,Calcarea ,Causticum,Nitric Acid,Sulphur and Thuja.
The Medicine will also change according to type and symptoms related to the warts:
- Horny Warts: Antimony Crude
- Red Warts: Calcarea,Thuja
- Fleshy Warts: Calcarea, Causticum, Dulcamara
- Pendulated warts: Rhustox, petroleum
- Itchy Warts: Kali Carb, Nitric Acid, Sepia
Therefore, there are many criterias to be considered while treating warts. The patient has to go to a proper Homoeopath to get rid of them permanently.