High Blood Pressure….
High Blood Pressure also called Hypertension or HT is a condition in which the blood pressure in either arteries or veins is abnormally high. It is one the major causes of death and disability in the world.
High blood pressure usually causes no symptoms and is often labeled “the silent killer.” People who have high blood pressure typically don’t know it until their blood pressure is measured.
High Blood Pressure is not a disease, but it is a symptom in itself. In most cases, it produces no symptoms until dangerous complications occur.
- Headaches – Headaches may be experienced due to elevation in blood pressure. Sometimes morning headaches can also be due to High Blood Pressure
- Heart pain
- Nosebleeds – Nosebleeds without particular reason might be a symptom of high blood pressure. It is better to check the blood pressure in such cases
- Difficulty in breathing
- Tinnitus (ringing or buzzing in the ears)
- Blurred Vision
- Nausea and vomiting
In 90% of people with High Blood Pressure, the cause of it is not known and is referred to as primary or essential hypertension.
While the specific cause is unknown, there are risk factors that can contribute to developing High blood pressure.
- Hectic and stress filled life style
- Unhealthy food habits
- Excessive consumption of liquors
- Over consumption of tea/coffee
- Metabolic disorders
- Hardening of the arteries
- Excessive use of pain killers and other strong medicines
- Genetic disorders
- Over consumption of oily food and fast food
- High salt intake
- Family history (heredity)
- If you smoke – Quit!
- Switch to relaxation therapies like yoga
- Achieve and maintain your ideal body weight
- Limit your alcohol intake
- Exercise regularly and go for regular walks
- Limit your intake of sodium (salt)
- Include foods rich in potassium in your diet
- Control stress and anger.
- Take medications to control high blood pressure, as prescribed
In Homoeopathic treatment….
A Homoeopath takes a case history in detail and tries to find out the exact reason for hypertension i,e hereditary, life style, stress related or any other causes. Accordingly, constitutional treatment is prescribed which not only decreases blood pressure but also prevents complications like kidney and heart related disorders.